Chocolatier hosting VIP launch reception with students from Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County on Thursday, January 28th at Hoffman’s Chocolates on Las Olas
WHAT: Hoffman’s Chocolates Launches Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County Celebrate Campaign
- Hoffman’s Chocolates executives, executives from Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County and students will be in attendance at a VIP chocolate and wine reception on Thursday, January 28th at 4 p.m. to celebrate the launch of Hoffman’s Chocolates “Celebrate” Campaign. The campaign was inspired by Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County’s Art with a Heart Program, which is an art education initiative that allows students to have an outlet to express themselves positively while developing their imaginative, creative and individual talent, in a positive environment where love and acceptance is abundant.
- As part of the Art with a Heart Program, 40 students from Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County created paintings inspired by Hoffman’s Chocolates “Celebrate” theme. Students were asked to paint pictures depicting what “Celebrate” meant to them. The students featured themes include celebrating love in February for Valentine’s Day, celebrating good grades in June for end of year report cards, celebrating a soldier/Dad coming home from oversees, celebrating Independence Day during the month of July and much more.
- A number of paintings created by the students were selected to be part of Hoffman’s Chocolates’ “Celebrate” Campaign, which encourages everyone to celebrate life’s special moments with chocolate. The paintings will be featured in Hoffman’s Chocolates print ads, social media and will be on display at Hoffman’s Chocolates locations throughout Broward County each month.
- Hoffman’s Chocolates has also made a monetary donation towards Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County and proceeds from the paintings sold in stores will be donated to the non-profit organization. The original paintings will be available to bid on until July 2016 and copies of the artwork will be available for sale for $50 on the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County’s Art with a Heart web page by visiting www.bgcbc.org/art-with-a-heart.
- The partnership is an ideal collaboration bringing together Hoffman’s Chocolates and Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County efforts of supporting the community through integration of the arts.
Chuck Mohr, President of Hoffman’s Chocolates
Lois Marino, Director of Marketing, Hoffman’s Chocolates
Brian Quail, President/Chief Executive Officer of Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
Cathy Donnelly, Past Chair of Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
Di Maharaj, Chief of Club Operations for Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
Students from Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
WHEN: Thursday, January 28th 4 p.m.
WHERE: Hoffman’s Chocolates Las Olas, 920 East Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
About Hoffman’s Chocolates
Headquartered in Greenacres, Florida, Hoffman’s Chocolates, a subsidiary of BBX Sweet Holdings, is a manufacturer of gourmet chocolates, with several retail locations throughout South Florida. The tradition of legendary chocolates began 40 years ago in a small chocolate shop in Lake Worth with a commitment to use the finest and freshest ingredients from around the world. The Hoffman’s Chocolates Factory in Greenacres is a popular tourist destination where guests from all over the world are greeted by the aroma of slow-simmering chocolate and caramel and watch the art of candy making first hand at its observation windows. The company is notable for its elaborate December holiday displays, including the Hoffman’s Winter Wonderland, and products such as gift baskets and chocolate covered pretzels. Other extraordinary creations include the “Snoodle” and “Pecan Caramel Jitterbugs.”
Hoffman’s Chocolates product lines includes over 70 varieties of confections (all hand made using time honored traditions of candy making). Hoffman’s Chocolates are available via its retail store locations, thru online distribution channels and by direct shipping throughout the U.S. It has been a favorite local brand for residents throughout Florida. For more information, please visit www.Hoffmans.com BBX Sweet Holdings is a 100% owned subsidiary of BBX Capital (NYSE:BBX).
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
It is the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens. Our goal is to provide world-class Club experiences that assure success is within reach of every child who walks through our doors. Members participate in our three Core Program Areas: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship and Healthy Lifestyles.