335 S.E 6th Ave.
Historic Stranahan House Museum
Stranahan House was built in 1901 by Frank Stranahan, Fort Lauderdale’s founding father, and his wife Ivy Cromartie Stranahan, the area’s first school teacher. The house has served as a trading post, post office, community center, town hall and home to the Stranahans. The Stranahan House has stood at the center of Fort Lauderdales growth since it was built and played a significant role in the economic and social life of this community.
Guided tours are provided daily at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. Tours last about 45-60 minutes.